Overview on PMSSS 2020
PMSSS is an acronym for Prime Minister’s Special Scholarship Scheme. It is a Scholarship Scheme for the students of Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh. As per the scholarship scheme, any student who has completed their 10+2 will get financial assistance to complete their higher education outside the state.
All India Council for Technical Education provides this scholarship to the young aspirants who want to complete their higher education. The admissions to this process are executed through the process of centralized counseling. All the qualified students obtain INR three lakh, along with other advantages of the scheme.
Aspirants who are looking for recent updates about PMSSS 2020-21 Scholarship, this guide will help you acquire every update about PMSSS.
To avail of this scholarship, you have to apply for it online. Here are some important dates for PMSSS 2020.
Application form release date- 6th July 2020
Last day to fill up- 15th September 2020
Document verification- 21st September 2020
PMSSS 2020 conditions for eligibility
If you want to obtain Prime minister’s special scholarship scheme, you have to satisfy certain conditions. Below are some eligibility criteria to qualify for PMSSS 2020.
- All the candidates who want to avail PMSSS must be an inhabitant of Jammu & Kashmir or Ladakh.
- The aspirants must have qualified their 10+2 from the JK Bose board or any other CBSE schools situated in J&K/Ladakh.
- If the candidates are from a diploma background, they must pass their 10+3 Diploma from J&k/ Ladakh state of the polytechnic. They will obtain seats directly in the 2nd year of a course in any affiliated college.
- All the candidates who want to obtain PMSSS must not have family income more than INR 8 lakh per annum.
Conditions for non-eligibility
A candidate will not be eligible if:
- The candidate has not applied through the online registration on AICTE portal
- If the candidate is availing advantages from any other schemes provided by the government
- If the course is offered by any open university
- When the candidate joins any institution that is not in the AICTE portal
- If the admission availed to the course is through the management quota, then you would be disqualified
- In the cases, when you are still pursuing any Diploma/PG programs
- When the candidate remains absent during the counseling
- If the admission is made by any agent/NGOs
- When you join other than the institution allotted by AICTE
Applying for PMSSS 2020
If you want to obtain the special scholarship scheme offered by the Prime Minister, you should follow the below steps.
The candidates interested in PMSSS must visit the official portal of AICTE from the registration page.
Once you visit the official registration portal, you have to choose the type of registration from the category. There are two categories that you will see. It includes 12th registration and Diploma registration. You have to choose the right one among them to avoid disqualification.
Now, after selecting the category, you have to submit personal as well as academic details. In this section, you need to provide detailed information about your school, board, year of passing, marks, and many more. Candidates also have to provide details about themselves like name, age, parent’s name, and many more.
After providing all your details, you need to upload all the relevant documents. Thus, you have to make sure you go through every instruction properly. It is because every document that you will upload must have specific file sizes and resolutions. This should also be converted in to format asked by the form. So, it is crucial to go through all the instructions. It will save you time and eliminate any chances of disqualification.
This is the last step, where you have to review all the information that you have filled. Once you review and submit, your form will be filed successfully. Thus, it is essential to check all the information properly. You should match the data from your original documents to make sure you will not be disqualified.
Scheme benefits: PMSSS 2020
Prime minister’s special scholarship scheme is a scheme that aims to provide financial support to students of J&K/Ladakh who want to obtain higher education outside the state. The scheme releases for 5,000 scholarships every year. It is for general engineering and medical degrees.
PMSSS scholarships cover the total course fees and maintenance fees of a candidate during the course of his/her academic career. These course fees are directly given to the institution in which the candidates will read. This saves you from the misuse of the amount by any other third party. PMSSS also covers all your tuition fees, university fee, library fee, exam fee, and many more. Further, the maintenance fee is given to the candidates in two equal installments, which are for hostel fees, mess charges, and buying books.
In conclusion, these were some important updates about PMSSS 2020. You should go through all these details to avoid non-eligibility. For information, stay tuned!